Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Textbook Questions Answer Solved
Question 1. Name five objects which can be made from wood.
Answer:- Five objects which can be made from wood are :-
Question 2. Select those objects from the following which shine:
Glass bowl, plastic toy, steel spoon, cotton shirt.
Answer:- Objects which shine are:- Glass bowl and steel spoon.
Question 3. Match the objects given below with the materials from which they could be made. Remember, an object could be made from more than one material and a given material could be used for making many objects.
Glass, wood, plastic
Glass, Wood, Paper, Plastics, Leather
Question 4. State whether the statements given below are True or False.
(i) Stone is transparent, while glass is opaque.
(ii) A notebook has lustre while eraser does not.
(iii) Chalk dissolves in water.
(iv) A piece of wood floats on water.
(v) Sugar does not dissolve in water.
(vi) Oil mixes with water.
(vii) Sand settles down in water.
(viii) Vinegar dissolves in water.
(i) Stone is transparent, while glass is opaque. ( False )
(ii) A notebook has lustre while eraser does not. ( False )
(iii) Chalk dissolves in water. ( False )
(iv) A piece of wood floats on water. (True )
(v) Sugar does not dissolve in water. ( False )
(vi) Oil mixes with water. ( False )
(vii) Sand settles down in water. (True )
(viii) Vinegar dissolves in water. (True )
Question 5. Given below are the names of some objects and materials:
Water, basket ball, orange, sugar, globe, apple and earthen pitcher
Group them as:
(a) Round shaped and other shapes
(b) Eatables and non eatables.
(a) Round shaped :- basket ball, orange, globe, apple and earthen pitcher.
other shapes :- Water and sugar
(b) Eatables :- Water, orange, sugar and apple.
Non eatables:- Basket ball, globe and earthen pitcher.
Question 6. List all items known to you that float on water. Check and see if they will float on an oil or kerosene.
(A) List of some items I know that float on water:
- Thin plastic sheets
However, some of these items will not float on an oil or kerosene
Question 7. Find the odd one out from the following:
- a) Chair, Bed, Table, Baby, Cupboard
- b) Rose, Jasmine, Boat, Marigold, Lotus
- c) Aluminium, Iron, Copper, Silver, Sand
- d) Sugar, Salt, Sand, Copper sulphate
(a) Baby as all others are non-living.
(b) Boat as all others are flowers.
(c) Sand as all others are metals.
(d) Sand as all others are soluble in water.
Click on the Chapter’s Link to get PDF of all Chapters of NCERT of Science Class 6
Get NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Here
- Chapter 1 Food: Where Does it Come From?
- Chapter 2 Components of Food
- Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 Sorting Materials into Groups
- Chapter 5 Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 Body Movements
- Chapter 9 The Living Organisms Characteristics and Habitats
- Chapter 10 Motion and Measurements of Distances
- Chapter 11 Light, Shadows and Reflections
- Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 Water
- Chapter 15 Air Around Us
- Chapter 16 Garbage in, Garbage out