NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Food Where Does it Come From ?
Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Textbook Questions Answer Solved
Question 1. Do you find that all living beings need the same kind of food?
Answer:- No, all living beings do not need same kind of food they required food as per their body structure, internal organs and also according to their food habits.
Question 2. Name five plants and their parts that we eat.
Answer:- The names of five plants and their parts that we eat are following:-
- Paddy: seeds
- Wheat: seeds
- Spinach- Leaves
- Cauliflower : flower
- Potato : stems
Question 3. Match the items given in Column A with that in Column B.
4. Fill up the blanks with the words given:
herbivore, plant, milk, sugarcane, carnivore
(a) Tiger is a ____________________ because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called ______________.
(c) Parrot eats only _________________ products.
(d) The ________________ that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from ___________________.
(a) Tiger is a carnivore because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called herbivore
(c) Parrot eats only plant products.
(d) The milk that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from sugarcane
Click on the Chapter’s Link to get PDF of all Chapters of NCERT of Science Class 6
Get NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Here
- Chapter 1 Food: Where Does it Come From?
- Chapter 2 Components of Food
- Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 Sorting Materials into Groups
- Chapter 5 Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 Body Movements
- Chapter 9 The Living Organisms Characteristics and Habitats
- Chapter 10 Motion and Measurements of Distances
- Chapter 11 Light, Shadows and Reflections
- Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 Water
- Chapter 15 Air Around Us
- Chapter 16 Garbage in, Garbage out