List of Indian Prime Minister is required to learn not for only examination point of view but for general knowledge purpose too. Given below we have provided you List of Indian Prime Ministerfrom 1947 to present, with their images.
The Prime Minister is the chief of government, chief advisor to the president, head of the council of ministers and the leader of the majority party in the Lok Sabha. The prime minister has the responsibility for executive power in the country and is the senior member of cabinet. He or She allocates the appoints members to it.
List of Indian Prime Minister
Lal Bahadur Shastri
PV Narsimha Rao
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
HD Deve Gowda
Inder Kumar Gujral
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
List of Indian Prime Minister Chronologically
- Jawaharlal Nehru 1947 to 64 Prime Minister of India longest tenure of 17 years.
- Gulzarilal Nanda 1964 first acting Prime Minister of India.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri 1964 to 1966 died abroad during official tour.
- Gulzarilal Nanda 1966 first to become acting Prime Minister twice.
- Indira Gandhi 1966 to 1977 first women prime minister of India.
- Morari Desai 1977 to 1979 oldest prime minister at the age of 81 years first to resign from office.
- Charan Singh 1979 to 1980.
- Indira Gandhi 1982 1984 first Prime Minister to be assassinated in India.
- Rajiv Gandhi 1984 to 1989 youngest prime minister at the age of 40 years.
- VP Singh 1989 to 1990 first Prime Minister to step down after vote of no confidence.
- Chandra shekhar 1990 to 1991.
- PV Narsimha Rao 1991 to 1996 first South Indian Prime Minister.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee 1996 shortest tenure as prime minister.
- HD Deve Gowda 1996 to 1997.
- I K Gujral 1997 to 1998.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee 1999 to 2004.
- Manmohan Singh 2004 to 2014 first sikh Prime Minister second longest tenure.
- Narendra Modi 2014 to present.
Trick for learning Prime Minister Names Chronologically.
Let’s see the technique of learning the prime minister of India’s name in chronological order. This technique is sent was to us by one of our user, and the aim of this technique is to learn the names in chronological order in a very funny way. We do not want to offend anyone sentimental. Take it as fun.
Nehru ke Gujar jaane ke bad Main Lal Bahadur Shastri ji bhi Gujar Gaye. Tab Indira ko Desh sambhalne Mein Charan Singh ne madad ki. Indira ki Hatya ke bad Rajiv Viswanathan ke sath raat me Chand ka Rao dekh rahe the. Tabhi Vajpayee Devegowda ke sath Gujarat Gaye vahan Vajpayee Ne Manmohan Singh ko bola ab ki Baar Modi Sarkar